Saturday, January 17, 1998

The Pocket Guide to Space Law

1/17/98
The Pocket Guide to Space Law is up! I'm not sure I would call it complete but it's at least half complete. If you would like to know what the Space Police are about, now is your chance! Tell your friends! Help protect Law and Order throughout the Seven Zones! :D

I have been playing a lot of War East, though. A long time ago I thought that was the most bautiful map I'd ever seen. I later became irritated with it because the big open spaces made life easy for duelers and neg killers. After Arctos' map I guess this was justifiable, because it was virtually impossible to neg kill there. It's still kind of bad in T2-17's map, but who cares. It's a kick ass piece of work just the same, and I become more and more fond of it as I play. One of my favorite things about it is the sense of its hugeness. Although more cramped than the classic War West map with the Castle and Combs and so forth, it seems larger, I think primarily because space around the edges is will utilized--something one doesn't often see in Subspace maps. A lot of good map details around the edges usually go unappreciated because there is better stuff to be done at the outskirts. T2-17 concentrated the *best* elements in the outer reaches, and the greater radius for greens makes these still more desirable. The apparent scarcity of greens in this map comes from that, I think. It's still got that neg killing problem, but if you can fly competently and you green in the asteroids, it's not too big an annoyance.

It's not that I so much mind neg killers as that I mind seeing them scare new players away to the noskill zones. Oh well.

No time to seriously play in Arctos' Chaos map. Probably no more update until tomorrow or the next day. Sorry folks. I've got work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment