Saturday, December 6, 1997

It's been a bad few days


It's been a bad few days

It's been a bad few days, if you'll excuse the lack of updates. My li'l online community lost a good friend in a horrible pointless tragedy. Rydia would have been a member of our squad...so if I may be so bold, the game has kind of lost something too. None of this really matters, though. The point is that the sweetest person I've known in eight years online has vanished from the earth for no reason at all. What a fucking waste.

All thanks to Leo for ripping the mine sounds I'm using here. I really wanted them badly. Leo is not a good pilot but he is a great player. Too bad he doesn't listen to me and is so interested in being a great pilot. A lot of great pilots are terrible players. All is forgiven, however, because I am in love with these L3 wavs. :)

I finally got my retail copy of Subspace. I don't know who I was talking to who had said it was a shoddy package. Some fool in a Terrier, I think. It's the nicest package I've seen for a game since the Golden Age when Infocom put everything in some special souped-up packaging. A slipcase with nice cutouts and the ships showing through from behind. Nice blurbs all over it, a pretty paper wallet for the CD not unlike the packaging for Titantc: Adventure Out of Time, *two* instruction books, the first being a well organized guide to the game in general, the other being a nice big strategy guide taken largely (or maybe entirely? i haven't looked at it carefully yet) from Rincewind's guide. This could have been left out entirely and no one would have been upset because the cd-insert manual is more than adequate. Anyway, I had gotten it into my head that I was going to be getting a cd between two pieces of cardboard, no box at all, blah blah, but it's clear to me that it was put together with a lot of love in mind. Go VIE.

I'll put up a full review soon, mainly for the purpose of explaining the game to my friends but also just for the record. Also coming, a review of Moonshine's newest DJ mix which is a companion to DJ John Kelley's series and also makes for great Speed Zone mood music. And I hope to have the map for my upcoming Tiny War Zone up soon. It has a title now: Green Sun. :) Also, a bit about TimeTrip's new zone and map.

No comments:

Post a Comment