Wednesday, December 3, 1997

I didn't do much to the page today.

I didn't do much to the page today.
I didn't do much to the page today. I was gone a lot, plus a friend of mine from the Cafe Eblana is in the hospital after a bad car accident and we've all been occupied worrying about that. =[  I'll probably start work on a few things tomorrow plus increase the size of the Playlist section. I'm pulling teeth in my Tiny War Zone map, so that should be done soon. I need some more editorial pieces about the game...send em to me. ;)

The Dark Zone has gone through an interesting change; the map is now much like that weird level-detail museum we saw at Warzone for a while, only this is full of some nice choices of map elements from various zones, and they are arranged somewhat logically. The balance still seems pretty much the same and this is still probably the most enjoyable weird zone open right now.

Last time I checked, Shine World was still gone and I have no idea what has happened to it but I assume there is news on the boards or something. I will have to check that. The map that Starseed made for it is in Pure Hell now and it just doesn't work there. With Pure Hell's out of control settings, the neg game in the spiral which was once fun it just a pain in the ass, and the red chase isn't much fun either. I like Pure Hell but it needs to be toned down a little, especially with such a complex map.

The Minefield's first Lame Zone of the Week Award goes to Chaos Combat.. That's with two peiords. "Chaos maddness in a firepower Chaos Style zone. What the hell is Chaos Style? I don't know if Demo[GOD] was inviolved in this directly, but he was the only person in the zone when I entered and vulched me while I was typing something to him, so he *probably* had something to do with the rest of the zone. I don't like to knock on people who are hosting, but this thing had no thought put into it whatever, with bases obviously intended for War Zone but also unusable for them. Everything about the zone was bad, the host came in and had nothing to say to anyone. These are the kind of people you find on IRC, who you ask a question about their nick or channel and they say "?" and then leave. F18-Hornet^, one of the admins, came in, flew around for a while, and said nothing, the other one has a ^ in his name also; the map is by far the worst I've ever seen in the game--and I wouldn't make a big deal about this except that these people put so much time into making little designs out of the tiles; they even seem to have made a new tileset for this purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment