Tuesday, December 2, 1997

Seldom Asked Questions

Seldom Asked Questions
  • Seldom Asked Questions found and up. A very preliminary Playlist section is up if it wasn't already. Added new pieces to the Opinion page--lad stuff from me and Jarkom. The original posting of "You Know You've Played Too Much Subspace When..." by The Jolly Roger. News Archive is active now, though obviously all that's there is the BS from yesterday.Moved things around a little. Begun work on the Mapmaking section including some pics of my upcoming maps. Enjoy.

  • Dark Zone is awesome. :) Shine World has been the best of the new privately run zones, and arguably still is, but is on one hand a pretty traditional game and on the other hand a little bit too wacked out for my tastes. Dark Zone has achieved a nice balance where most of the euphoric crazy-settings zones are frustrating in one way or another. It's not *all* blown out of proportion; the Chaos West map is there and, though little of it is being used, turning out to be a great arena for super momb games. Plus I get to mine a lot. :) The mind limit is like 30 or something. Initial bounty is high but green is scarce, so staying alive at higher bounties becomes increasingly difficult. While I'm not a huge fan of tweaked settings and prefer to green up from 0, there's a nice dynamic here that may make it the answer to the dying Speed Zone.

  • I am considering maintaining small pages on individual servers once they go up. Any thoughts? I also need some sounds and images of L3 mines. Any help would be much appreciated. Anyway, it's my birthday today and it sucks so far. =P I've messed around enough with the page for now. Please write or IRC memo or ICQ me or something if you like or hate the page or have suggestions or submissions or can help. And I don't suppose it's too late to say welcome to my minefield. >:)

No comments:

Post a Comment