Thursday, December 18, 1997

Well, I'm updating earlier than I said I would. What do you want?

Well, I'm updating earlier than I said I would.  What do you want?

Warzone Armada! I've been playing here just a little. It's not official but it's going to be fun. The Romulans made the map. If you dunno what that means...well, it means it is a very nice map. There are going to be some interesting base wars here. I've only done small fights so far but sooner or later I think this is going to be a really fun map. There are two huge bases, each a mirror image of the other. They are designed for thirty man teams. This is NOT a wazky settings zone. In fact, the settings are tweaked to make the ships even more individual and specialized than they are in the normal game. While the map is obviously made for big teams, it is nonetheless--save for the scarcity of greens--playable with as few as four people. I suppose this is the case with War Zone style games in general, and my view is obviously colored by the fact that this is the only real new map we've seen open up on a server in a couple of weeks...still I recommend getting some friends and playing in it before it fills up. All these new zones and they are all running the same old maps. 

With all due respect to the views of the MMG, I think it would be wiser to make all maps explicitly public domain and instead of going after the people who use them without permission, go after the people who take old maps and cut them up and splice them together without credit to the original artists. Let's *play* in some of these damned things.

It has occurred to me that I can make mp3s of some of the music on my Playlist page, if it interests anyone?

I haven't changed anything so you can stop reading the page now. :) Actually I might add a new thing in Playlist about a certain Lull album I have been listening to, but I'm kind of tired. I think I may write some fanfic soon. It always seemed like a bad idea to me but I think I've come up with an interesting take.

Let's not jinx ourselves here, but I think I might get my Dueling Zone map hosted in a zone. :D






No comments:

Post a Comment