Thursday, March 1, 2001

We saw it all in colour--now we're waiting for the cloud.

<Tankboy> ron jeremy looks like super mario

    We saw it all in colour--now we're waiting for the cloud.

The short of it

After a few hours of the hot spankin new Tribes 2, it's occurred to me that I have a lot of bile to spit on the gaming industry. I'm out of time for an update today, and frankly I have yet to sort out my thoughts, but suffice it for now to say that in the past two weeks, between Tribes 2 and Fallout Tactics, I've been more disappointed than I have in total since I got back into gaming in 1991. And it's dawned on me: What do we really have to show, in terms of multiplayer, for the five years between Subspace's earliest twinklings and this that we have today?

If you ask me, we have three and a half great Quake games and a giant selection of disappointments, ranging from downright horribleness to merely shocking mediocrity and finally to those mind boggling cases where sombody really nailed it right on the head, only to turn around and destroy their own wonderful creations.

I'll go into this in detail tomorrow. For now I must meditate.

No comments:

Post a Comment